Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Today, we stayed back to practise singing christmas songs! And I turn out to be soprano, anyhow de! Dun laugh LOL! I used to be from choir (Dun laugh again!) in secondary school and once sang carols too hor! I somehow forgot my choir lessons le but it was the best cca to join since I got to know my best friend. :D

Today, i went to visit one patient who have long finished my project interview but she was like a friend to me so I kept in contact with her all this while. She was my first patient i recruited and i am very thankful she was very supportive of my boring project. Ever since she started on cetuximab ( cause that drug cause severe low magnesium levels) she is always admitted for electrolyte imbalances. i was there for her all along with her family members, but at some times she dun want to show her fear to her family so that they wont be worried, and she will tell me abt it. Recently, she went for an op cause of recurrent wound infection. She was in pain and for the first time, she cried in front of me. I was really scared at first cause I am worried people may think I make her cry and her husband wasnt there. I hold her hand and didnt say anything, cause I dun know what to say or do. I had to leave shortly after she stopped crying cause I got to work too.

I am proud to be her support for that few minutes(hopefully). I believe today will be one of the most memorable days of my 9 mths journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment